Erectile dysfunction treatments
Erectile dysfunction treatment in allopathic medicine is palliative and commonly limited to the use of pharmaceutical drugs similar to Viagra, Levitra, and Cialis. There are several erectile dysfunction treatments that a patient can choose from.
Listed below are treatment options for erectile dysfunction:
ED medications may help you manage the symptoms of ED. You may need to try several medications for ED before you find one that works. The following oral ED medications stimulate blood flow to your penis to help treat ED:
- Avanafil (Stendra)
- Sildenafil (Viagra)
- Tadalafil (Cialis)
- Vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn)
- Alprostadil (Caverject, Edex, and MUSE) is another medication that can treat ED. It can be administered in two ways: as a penile suppository or as a self-injection at the base or side of the penis.
- Testosterone therapy (TRT) may also be recommended for low testosterone levels.
Medications used for other conditions may cause ED. Talk to your doctor about your medications and whether they could be causing your symptoms. There may be others that you can take instead. Never stop taking medications without first talking to your doctor.
Medications for ED can cause side effects. If you’re experiencing unpleasant side effects, talk to your doctor. They may be able to recommend different medications for ED. Get more information on the medications used to treat ED.
Talk therapy for ED
Psychological factors may cause ED, including stress, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and depression.
If you’re experiencing psychological ED, you may benefit from different forms of therapy. Over several sessions, you and your therapist will discuss:
- Significant stress or anxiety factors
- Your feelings around sex
- Subconscious conflicts that could be affecting your sexual well-being
If erectile dysfunction affects your relationship, consider also speaking with a relationship counselor. Relationship counseling can help you and your partner reconnect emotionally, which may also help your ED. Explore the effects of stress and anxiety on ED.
Vacuum pumps for ED
This treatment uses a vacuum around a penis to stimulate an erection. Blood is drawn into the penis as the device is used, leading to an erection.
A vacuum pump for ED device consists of a few different components:
- A plastic tube, which you place over your penis
- A pump, which works to create the vacuum by drawing air out of the plastic tube
- An elastic ring, which you’ll move to the base of your penis as you remove the plastic tube
The elastic ring maintains the erection, holding the blood in the penis and preventing it from returning to circulation. It can be left in place for 30 minutes.
Though most men think that prescribed drugs are the only method of curing impotence, the fact is that natural treatment for erectile dysfunction is safer as compared to synthetic drugs.
This natural treatment for erectile dysfunction comprises herbs and other essential minerals and nutrients that help increase blood flow to the penis. They also help the penis to relax so that blood vessels can dilate or open up, allowing a larger volume of blood into the erectile tissue. This ensures harder and firmer erections.
What is erectile dysfunction?
A very common question that is on the mind of lots of men during the present day is: What is erectile dysfunction? While some answers to this question can be very technical, it is not hard to describe in layman’s terms. So, to better understand what erectile dysfunction or ED is all about, here are the basics in this article and some thoughtful input on what actions you can take to treat it and why you have it.
Erectile dysfunction is the inability to achieve or sustain an erection for satisfactory sexual intercourse. Millions of men are affected by this sexual problem. Impotence can be a harrowing experience for any man, making you worn out and depressed.
The prevalence of erectile dysfunction is underestimated, as many people do not seek medical attention due to social pressure. It is estimated that 1 in 5 men have erectile dysfunction. This is a large number, although a lot less is reported. Also, the incidence increases with age. The percentage of the disorder increases three-fold as age grows from 40-70
However, it is recommended that you talk about your problem to your doctor to get an effective solution. It is not something to hide but an ailment that needs to be treated like any other medical disorder.
What causes erectile dysfunction?
There are a lot of different factors that cause erectile dysfunction, which are listed below:
Physical causes of erectile dysfunction
In many cases, erectile dysfunction is caused by something physical. Common causes include:
- Heart disease
- Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Metabolic syndrome — a condition involving increased blood pressure, high insulin levels, body fat around the waist, and high cholesterol
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Certain prescription medications
- Tobacco use
- Peyronie’s disease — Development of scar tissue inside the penis
- Alcoholism and other forms of substance abuse
- Sleep disorders
- Treatments for prostate cancer or enlarged prostate
- Surgeries or injuries that affect the pelvic area or spinal cord
- Low testosterone
Psychological causes of erectile dysfunction
The brain plays a crucial role in triggering the series of physical events that cause an erection, starting with feelings of sexual excitement. Several things can interfere with sexual feelings and cause or worsen erectile dysfunction. These include:
- Depression, anxiety, or other mental health conditions
- Relationship problems due to stress, poor communication, or other concerns
Symptoms of erectile dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction manifests by several signs and symptoms that indicate the disorder.
- The primary erectile dysfunction symptoms are difficulty reaching and maintaining an erection for a long time, depending upon the severity of the disease.
- The secondary symptoms of erectile dysfunction are associated with difficulty in premature ejaculating and/or other orgasm-related issues.
The most basic symptoms of erectile dysfunction are to get and sustain an erection for a long time to finish having sex. This condition may appear in different ways. It may develop quite persistently and gradually, or it may be temporary and may appear once in a while. It may also develop suddenly. There are also some symptoms related to erectile dysfunction, including trouble in getting an erection or inability to obtain an adequate erection for satisfactory sexual performance, reduction in sexual desire, trouble keeping an erection, and inability to achieve an erection but inability to control ejaculation.
Apart from the above common erectile dysfunctional symptoms, obtaining erections that are neither full nor rigid. Loss of erection usually happens before or during penetration, and there is no partial erection of the male organ. Many other symptoms are associated with ED: high blood pressure, chronic depression, fear of subpar performance, and anxiety.
Natural erectile dysfunction treatments
The most significant advantage of natural treatments for erectile dysfunction is that they have no side effects. They can also result in overall sexual enhancement for men. Listed below are different forms of natural treatments for erectile dysfunction.
Foods for erectile dysfunction – an essential part of any natural treatments for erectile dysfunction
Unlike drugs for erectile dysfunction with many side effects, these foods for erectile dysfunction are effective and safe for health. Combining diet, exercise, and home remedies for erectile dysfunction helps you eliminate the problem most naturally and healthily.
Certain food items that you can add to your grocery list can offer you an easy solution and a good option before turning to prescriptions. Herbs and spices instead of salt can be used to flavor foods. Using certain spices in your diet can help warm up the blood and trigger blood circulation. Some examples of foods for erectile dysfunction are:
Foods You Must Not Eat
A word of caution is to dump junk and processed foods because it can decrease blood circulation around the body. A diet not advisable for a man’s heart is also not suitable for his ability to achieve hard erections. A fatty diet can lead to high cholesterol, which can damage blood vessels and lead to erectile dysfunction issues.
What herbs are good for erectile dysfunction?
Herbs for erectile dysfunction are natural treatments to help you stop erectile dysfunction more safely and effectively.
Listed below are some herbs for erectile dysfunction that are effective and safe and can be used as home-based natural treatments for erectile dysfunction:
Panax ginseng has a 2,000-year history in Chinese and Korean medicine as a tonic for health and longevity. People take the roots of this ginseng, also called Korean red ginseng, for ED as well as:
- Overall well-being.
- Ginkgo Biloba is a beautiful herb for erectile dysfunction to enhances sexual activities in both genders. It improves blood circulation in the body, which leads to proper blood flow in the gentiles. If you are suffering from erectile inability, this is the best natural medicine you can get.
- Ashwagandha is an Indian herb that cures all types of sexual disorders and is a powerful stimulant. It also calms the nervous system and provides the energy required to perform all bodily functions. A daily dose of Ashwagandha is good for the mind and body and resolves the issue.
Choosing herbs for ED is one of the best ways how to cure erectile dysfunction naturally and permanently compared to prescription pills that may cause a lot of side effects and, in some cases, even death.
Hypnosis for ED – the most effective form of natural treatment for erectile dysfunction when psychological triggers cause ED.
While medical reasons can cause erectile dysfunction, if you can get an erection in the morning, while sleeping, or when masturbating but have difficulty obtaining or sustaining an erection during sex, then the chances are there is a psychological cause.
Hypnosis for ED can offer effective relief from psychological ED in several ways:
Restore your inner confidence
- Low confidence and self-esteem will likely be at most psychological EDs. Feeling self-conscious or inadequate in the bedroom may stem from issues of jealousy, a bad relationship, or an early embarrassing sexual encounter. Hypnosis can help retrace the root cause behind your insecurities so that you can rebuild your sexual confidence.
Let go of anxiety and stress
- The brain plays a significant role in triggering the physiological reactions that create an erection, starting with sexual excitement. This excitement, however, can be affected by depression, anxiety, and stress. Unfortunately, it then becomes a vicious cycle whereby the ED causes more anxiety and stress, exacerbating the ED. Hypnosis for ED can teach relaxation techniques to help you focus and problem-solve without panic.
Homeopathy for erectile dysfunction – #1 on the list of natural treatments for erectile dysfunction
Homeopathy for erectile dysfunction is ideally geared to treat and correct infertility in men, including erectile dysfunction. Moreover, homeopathy treats safely and gently, without side effects, one of its most significant benefits over conventional treatment.
The homeopathic doctor will recommend homeopathic medicines to treat any underlying ailment that might have resulted in erectile dysfunction and, most times, suggest regular, practical exercises to help improve blood circulation. This will support homeopathic treatment of erectile dysfunction. Exercise also helps keep one’s weight in check, as excess weight negatively affects sexual activity. Listed below are homeopathic remedies for erectile dysfunction:
- This homeopathic remedy for erectile dysfunction may be helpful if problems with ED develop after a man has led a life of intense and frequent sexual activity for many years. People who need this homeopathic remedy for erectile dysfunction are often very anxious about their health and loss of abilities and may have problems with memory and concentration.
- This homeopathic remedy for erectile dysfunction may be helpful to a man whose genitals are completely limp despite having sexual interest.
- People who need this homeopathic remedy for erectile dysfunction may have problems with erections because of worry and can also be troubled by memory loss. They often lack self-confidence. This remedy is also ideal for people with digestive problems with gas and bloating and an energy slump in the late afternoon and evening.
- This homeopathic remedy for ED may be helpful if a man’s erection fails when sexual intercourse is attempted, especially if thinking about the problem worsens it. People who need this remedy are often nervous and imaginative.
- This homeopathic remedy for ED may be indicated if physical pleasure during sex has diminished and sexual urges are reduced. The person feels tired and weak and may experience memory loss.
What is acupuncture for erectile dysfunction?
Acupuncture for erectile dysfunction recently became the #1 treatment of choice by many specialists due to its high effectiveness. Erectile dysfunction (impotence) is the repeated inability to get or keep an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse. It can occur at any age. It is reversible in most cases. Acupuncture for erectile dysfunction can significantly improve the disorders that cause impotence. During the acupuncture for erectile dysfunction treatment, no acupuncture needles are ever inserted in the local groin area. The needles are placed mainly in the arms, legs, abdomen, and upper and lower back. Acupuncture channels, also known as meridians, run from head to toe, and often, the most effective points are those furthest from the local area. Acupuncture for erectile dysfunction releases endorphins in the body. From a chemical point of view, endorphins are very similar to opioids, and that’s why people feel very happy but not pathologically high.
The relaxation response is the first thing that all acupuncture patients notice during acupuncture for erectile dysfunction treatment. Often, people fall into a deep sleep right on the acupuncture table. Acupuncturists are health care providers bound to the local state privacy laws, keeping all information private and confidential just as medical doctors are. It is unlawful to release client information to any authority except by court order.
Symptoms that can be treated with acupuncture for erectile dysfunction
Acupuncture for erectile dysfunction assists in all the physiological changes required for satisfactory sexual activity:
Arousal – Acupuncture for erectile dysfunction helps to raise libido to normal levels and ease stress, tension, frustration, anger, and fear.
Nervous System – Acupuncture for erectile dysfunction has a noticeable effect on the nervous system, which is signaled by arousal to increase blood flow to the penis.
Blood Vessels – Acupuncture for erectile dysfunction has been proven to increase circulation allowing increased blood flow to the penis.
Acupuncture for erectile dysfunction by balancing the body and releasing endorphins can eliminate the need for drugs that frequently cause erectile dysfunction (ED). Drug-induced erectile dysfunction (ED) is more prevalent with prescription drugs for ulcers, GERD, heartburn, high blood pressure, and depression. Acupuncture for erectile dysfunction and Traditional Chinese Medicine, in general, can provide a safe, natural alternative to reversing erectile dysfunction.
The treatment plan in acupuncture for erectile dysfunction
Your acupuncturist will diagnose based on your medical history and symptoms and then determine the prescription of the specifications for your particular case acupuncture points and Chinese herbal medicines that will optimize results. Treatment plans generally range from 10-20 sessions (2-3 times per week). According to Chinese Medical theory, there are two primary forms of erectile dysfunction: Fire deficit and Damp heat. These two forms of ED require different acupoints protocols and Chinese herbal formulas. The other signs and symptoms, in addition to erectile dysfunction, determine these different treatment plans.
Symptoms of Fire deficit:
– Inability of the penis to erect
Symptoms of Damp-Heat:
– Inability to hold the penis hard
All forms and symptoms of erectile dysfunction are usually improved during the first few weeks of acupuncture for erectile dysfunction treatments and consumption of Chinese herbs.
That’s why acupuncture for erectile dysfunction is the most comprehensive solution that leads to a healthy mental, physical, and sexual life without the frustration of erectile dysfunction symptoms.
ED usually has a physical cause in older men, such as age-related failure of men’s production system, chronic diseases (prostate, heart, lungs), injuries, or drug side effects. Any disorder that causes nerve injury or impairs blood flow in the penis can cause ED. Incidence of erectile dysfunction increases with age:
Only 5% of men at 40 have erectile dysfunction, but 15- 25% of men at 65 experience this disorder. It is certainly not an inevitable part of aging, so don’t accept it; book your acupuncture appointment.
What can be done aside from acupuncture as natural treatments for erectile dysfunction?
Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction to take concurrently with acupuncture for erectile dysfunction
– Chinese Herbal Formulas tailored to your constitution
– Elk Antler
Foods that improve the effectiveness of Acupuncture for Erectile Dysfunction:
– sea cucumber
– bitter melon seeds roasted
– beans (black & kidney)
– lychee fruit
Erectile Dysfunction Prevention:
Limit or avoid:
– Unnecessary Medications
Activities to Increase:
Sign up for natural erectile dysfunction treatments
Anyways, acupuncture for erectile dysfunction, especially in combination with homeopathy or hypnosis, is one of the most effective treatment strategies. The beauty of this method is that it stimulates the internal resources of the human body to retransmit QI energy from the area of access to the areas of deficiency. That means that instead of injecting chemicals and hormones that usually cause further chronic disorders, acupuncture for erectile dysfunction changes the body’s internal functions, activating natural processes and connections between different organs, reinstalling the harmony of the whole system.